Meet Rewind Collective
“Rewind Collective’s work highlights the underestimated role women have played in the history of the global struggle for equality and human rights and challenges structures of power, authority, and ownership in the art world today.”– Katie A. Pfohl, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, New Orleans Museum of Art
Rewind Collective is a group of anonymous artists who aim to uplift those who have been traditionally marginalized by the art world to build a community focused on supporting minorities and women. Rewind Collective believes it is time to rewind back the patriarchy, misogyny, and segregation and shine a light on those who deserve to be seen and heard.
In May of 2021, Christie’s Auction House and Rewind Collective made history when they offered traditional paintings paired with Rewind’s digital art to celebrate women artists in an exhibit entitled Trailblazers: Centuries of Female Abstraction.
Partnering with MakersPlace & Rewind Collective on this project is human rights activist Amar Singh, founder of his eponymous gallery and Amar Studio (www.Amar.Studio), a leading NFT art studio dedicated to curating, creating & distributing NFTs with impact.
Amar is leading the case to abolish LGBT+ conversion therapy in India and has been an active women’s rights & LGBT+ rights activist for many years. More about his work with Rewind & activism can be found in this recent Vanity Fair article.
Most recently, Pixelated Heroes were on display at SCOPE Art Fair and Nolcha Shows Party at SLS during Miami Art Week.
Meet the Pixelated Heroes
The Pixelated Heroes are a series of 5,555 pfp portraits generated from 485 unique traits that come with a vibrant community and charitable utility. Each Pixelated Hero has the following benefits to holders:
- Community: The Pixelated Club will be a private community for all token holders and will feature updated perks, initiatives, and roadmap activities.
- Exclusive Airdrops: Pixelated Club members will be eligible to receive exclusive airdrops from Rewind.
- Licensing: Pixelated Hero holders are granted full intellectual property rights over their Hero and can create whatever they wish using the artwork.
- Prints: For every 1,000 Pixelated Heroes sold on the primary market, Rewind will ship ten prints to randomly selected token holders.
In addition to personal utility, Pixelated Heroes will contribute to Rewind Collective’s higher-level goal of empowering women and minorities:
- 10% of all primary sales will go to charities and causes determined by the Pixelated Club community.
- 10% of royalties from all secondary sales will also go to charities of the community’s choosing.
On top of community-chosen charities, two charities that Rewind has singled out to support are:
- Vital Voices Global Partnership, which invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more.
- Rise, which fights for the rights of sexual violence survivors worldwide. Rise believes that justice should not depend on geography.
The final public release of the Pixelated Heroes collection will go live on December 14th at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET. This past July, the first 555 artworks in the Pixelated Heroes collection presale SOLD OUT in under 90 minutes.
The 4,554 Remaining unique 1/1’s from the Collection will be released in a blind box release format, meaning that the artworks will be randomly assigned and revealed upon purchase. There will be an open bidding window of 24 hours. Pricing of each NFT is $85.