Meet the Rewind Collective
“Works by Abstract Expressionist painters like Grace Hartigan, Elaine de Kooning, and Helen Frankenthaler show us the rich history of where women artists have been, and the innovative and exciting Rewind Collective shows us where women artists are going.”
– Mary Gabriel, author of Ninth Street Women
Rewind Collective is a group of anonymous artists who aim to uplift those who have been traditionally marginalized by the art world to build a community focused on supporting minorities and women. Rewind Collective believes it is time to rewind back the patriarchy, misogyny, and segregation and shine a light on those who deserve to be seen and heard.
In May of 2021, Christie’s Auction House and Rewind Collective made history when they offered traditional paintings paired with Rewind’s digital art to celebrate women artists in an exhibit entitled Trailblazers: Centuries of Female Abstraction.
On the heels of that successful outing, Rewind worked with fashion house Givenchy for a 1,952-edition Pride-celebration drop that sold out in two seconds, making $128,000 for Le MAG Jeunes (Movement for the Assertion of Young Gay, Lesbian, Bi & Trans people), a French initiative to raise awareness and deliver support at schools by lobbying international institutions and promoting the implementation of more inclusive public policies.
For 2022 Pride Month, Rewind Collective is releasing its first pfp (profile pic) collection in the second of a phased series of drops exclusively on MakersPlace. You can read about the first drop of five artworks here.
In July, Rewind Collective is releasing its first pfp (profile pic) collection in the second of a phased series of drops exclusively on MakersPlace. You can read about the first drop of five artworks here.
On July 7th, 555 of the 5,550 total artworks in this collection will be released on MakersPlace, exclusively available to buyers who purchased Pixelated Heroes tokens on MakersPlace last year and registered members of the Pixelated Heroes Discord community on a first-come, first-served basis: https://discord.com/invite/rewindcollective.
Partnering with MakersPlace & Rewind Collective on this project is human rights activist Amar Singh, founder of his eponymous gallery and Amar Studio (www.Amar.Studio), a leading NFT art studio dedicated to curating, creating & distributing NFTs with impact.
Amar is leading the case to abolish LGBT+ conversion therapy in India and has been an active women’s rights & LGBT+ rights activist for many years. More about his work with Rewind & activism can be found in this recent Vanity Fair article.
Meet the Pixelated Heroes
“Rewind Collective’s work highlights the underestimated role women have played in the history of the global struggle for equality and human rights and challenges structures of power, authority, and ownership in the art world today.”
– Katie A. Pfohl, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, New Orleans Museum of Art
The Pixelated Heroes are a series of 5,555 pfp portraits generated from 485 unique traits that come with a vibrant community and charitable utility. Each Pixelated Hero comes with the following benefits to hodlers:
- Community: The Pixelated Club will be a private community for all token holders and will feature updated perks, initiatives, and roadmap activities.
- Exclusive Airdrops: Pixelated Club members will be eligible to receive exclusive airdrops from Rewind.
- Licensing: Pixelated Hero hodlers are granted full intellectual property rights over their Hero and are free to create whatever they wish using the artwork.
- Prints: For every 1,000 Pixelated Heroes sold on the primary market, Rewind will ship 10 prints to randomly selected token holders.
In addition to personal utility, Pixelated Heroes will contribute to Rewind Collective’s higher-level goal of empowering women and minorities:
- 10% of all primary sales will go to charities and causes determined by the Pixelated Club community.
- 10% of royalties from all secondary sales will also go to charities of the community’s choosing.
On top of community-chosen charities, two charities that Rewind has singled out to support are
- Vital Voices Global Partnership, which invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities and more.
- Rise, which fights for the rights of sexual violence survivors worldwide. Rise believes that justice should not depend on geography.
Join the Pixelated Heroes Discord here and stay tuned for instructions on how to join the allowlist.